Sunday, September 13, 2009

Firefly

So.. I decided to start a blog.. This first entry is about why I want to become a Firefly.. I learned this from Patsy Clairmont over the weekend at the Women of Faith Conference (amazing/lifting/encouraging experience by the way).. It's a concept that parallels being a light in this world of darkness.. like Jesus is the Light and I am called to be in the Light. You know, This little Light of mine, I'm gonna let it Shine?? Yea, same thing. So I want to become a firefly and be a light to the world.. Patsy also encouraged us to have friend fireflies. It's important to have friends with the same desires so we can grow together and build up one another. There was a period in my life when I didn't quite grasp this concept.. but the deeper I've gotten into The Word the more I have understood the importance of the fellowship and why I need to study and learn with friends.. girl friend preferably who can relate to my situations and that I can confide in..I long to be a Firefly so the world can see Christ's light in me.. I want to shine like a bright star.. it's funny how a night lit up by fireflies looks similar to a sky full of stars..

No comments:

Post a Comment